Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday, May 31st, 2011

Back to the grind.  Today was my first day of "real" work.  But that doesn't mean very much at all.  Orientation week was officially over, meaning we actually started reporting to our supervisors, but today was more of the same.  Now that I was introduced to the overall company policy, I now needed to know more about my specific department.  None-the-less, it was cool getting situated into my cubicle.  My first real corporate experience. 

It was a day of more meetings and lectures, as last week was so chalk full of.  After setting up our fresh new laptops, we met with the industrial engineers at the plant who went over what they do.  One cool part of the day was discovering what some of the projects I would be working on are.  I wont really explain here because it would probably bore you unless you were an engineer.  I finally got my sweet ID card (my picture didn't turn out half bad after all) and I had a typical corporate lunch (all the interns eating together in the conference room having a very shallow conversation).  A few more lectures and a little bit of work on the computer and I was done for the day.  Headed home, did laundry, and went out to the pool relax a little.  A less than exciting day, but I truly cannot complain.

I am very tired and about to call it an early night so I am not really going to get deep on you tonight.  Apologies.  Plus, I blogged just a few hours ago for yesterday.  I'm exhausted.  And finally, I started the seventh Harry Potter book tonight and I really want to get back to it.  But have no fear, I will leave you with a quote as always.  Just don't expect it to mean anything or be relevant.  I just thought it was funny.


"I wanna hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations that I've traveled to. But first, I'm gonna have to travel to the top two corners of the map... so it won't fall down. "
-Mitch Hedberg

No comments:

Post a Comment