Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday, May 22, 2011

     Today is my last day of freedom.  Tomorrow, I begin my life as an intern.  I woke up this morning with absolutely nothing to do.  Lazy Sunday indeed.  My roommate and I went to the driving range down the street, because for some reason there is an extremely nice golf course in the middle of nowhere.  A grilled cheese lunch was just what I needed, followed by a run around the neighborhood.  Dinner while watching the Phillies game (unfortunately we only get Philadelphia sports here, not even ESPN!).  And now I am just waiting to go to bed.  That being said, there is really not much to write about today. 

     I have to wake up at 5 AM tomorrow morning to leave for work at 5:45 and there there by 6:30.  I am both nervous and excited for tomorrow.  Nervous for starting something brand new in a new place and excited to make some money and get great experience.  My true fear is that I will be unsuccessful in whatever it is that I will be doing.  I don't know why this is bothering me, but I cannot get it out of my head.  This is almost certainly because I have never done something of this magnitude or had a responsibility like this before.  After a few days I am hoping I get into a stride and develop the confidence needed to be successful.  One thing I know for sure is that I will keep you informed through this blog.

I am going to bed though, as I have to wake up so early.  But have no fear, I will leave you with today's quote,

"Whatever your goal, you can get there if you're willing to work." - Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment