Thursday, June 2, 2011

Telehandler Thursday

What a day, what a day, what a day.  Worked from 6:30 AM till 4:30 (two hours of overtime, hell yeah), went on a run, watched the wheel of fortune and Jeopardy (I do this every day, I shouldn't even have to tell you anymore), and made an incredible snack of grilled cheese and arnold palmer for dinner.  As I lay in bed blogging before bed, I am content with the contents of the day (and the use of a homonym in that sentence).

You would be less than entertained if I continued to talk about my day, so I am going to jump right into the meat of today's blog.  What is on the docket you ask?  I have been putting this one off for a couple days so I am quite excited for it.  Due to an undisclosed person, I have decided to make a list of things I would like to do before I graduate.  This is just a preliminary list, as I would be disappointed if I did not expand on it.  I am a person who believes it is always good to have goals, so I figured this cannot hurt.  I am always looking for new ideas so please help me out if you have any good ideas!


-leave personalized graffiti somewhere around Blacksburg. (After seeing Exit Through the Gift Shop, I decided that I want to leave my mark on Blacksburg in a physical manner.  I have yet to decide what I want to paint, but I want it to be unique and reflect me)
-Run a half marathon (I love running, and it is a matter of time before I actually compete in one)

-Run a marathon (this one is a little bit of a stretch, but I think I can do anything I put my mind to)

-Go backpacking in New Zealand (I think it is the coolest place in the world and I want to go there more than anywhere else.  I figure there are few better ways to check it out than backpacking through the backcountry)
-Be an Orientation Leader (Two of my biggest loves in life are my school and helping people.  To me, this position seems like the perfect way for me to embrace those things.  All the OL's I know are amazing people and truly leaders on campus.  I will have to give up the chance to get another internship, but it is something I have wanted to do since I went to orientation so I figure it is worth it)
-Hold a position in the fraternity (I am involved in various things around campus, but my favorite extracurricular is my fraternity.  The friends I have made and opportunities I have gotten have made it more than an extracurricular, it has become a way of life.  Holding a position would allow me to give back to the guys that have given me so much)
-Fall in and out of love (I can honestly say I have never been in love, which means I have never fallen out of love either.  It is not like this is a goal, just something I hope to experience at some point.  And I am not saying I want to get my heartbroken, but something I should experience eventually, so why not now)
-Leave an impact on the school (I do not really want to have my name all over where I have been, but I want my hard work while at school to leave positive things behind for others to enjoy.  So this may be through Ring Dance committee, through the fraternity, or just how I interact with others)
-Regret as little as possible (I am not going to be someone who says they "live life with no regrets" because I am pretty sure that is impossible.  But when I graduate, I want to look back and know I spent the last 4 or 5 years the best I could)
-(possibly)Hike the Appalachian Trail or Pacific Crest Trail (I don't want to go all out and set this as a goal right now, because I like to be set on something before I commit to it.  But I think it would be the most rewarding experience I could ever take part in.  Living out in the wilderness for upwards of 6 months would have the power to define a life.  Think about it, you might life till 80.  Taking 6 months off is 1/160th of your life, or .625%  Really not that big of a deal considering how much of an impact it could have)

Ok, well I have either forgotten the other ones or I am done with the list for now.  I might update things every once and a while.  Someone showed me a new place to get quote so I am going to give you one from there for the day.  If it is not as good as the usual ones, blame her.

The secret to life is meaningless unless you discover it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment