Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sunday, June 12th, 2011

Update: Yeah, I'm way behind on this blog.  Attempting to catch up.  Sunday was a terrible day.  I caught the redeye Saturday night, which dropped me off in Atlanta at 6:30 AM. I had a three and a half hour layover, which I thought would have a highlight when I saw that there was an ABP there, but alas the biddies at this ABP don't know how to make breakfast sandwiches as good as the ones at Tech.  I survived both the long layover and poorly made sandwich and boarded my flight to Charlotte.  Was able to sleep for the whole ride, which made things a little better.  Arrived in Charlotte, and then had to drive another hour and a half back to Winston-Salem.  I needed to update my phone and this one guy said he could give us a good deal so we had to drive an extra 30 minutes out of our way to do that.  The bastard took forever, but I am not the owner of a Droid.  I miss my blackberry so much, but I think this change will be for the better.  If you have an iPhone or a droid, add me on HeyTell and Kakao Talk!  We can chat it up.

I did not really get to play with my phone much though, because the last leg of my journey was the 6 hour trek back to Pennsylvania.  By the time I hit the road, it was already 5 PM, so I knew I was in for a long drive.  The massive Red Bull I drank to keep me awake wore off the last hour and I was struggling to make it back.  I was going 20 over in a 65 when I cop pulled beside me.  I was about 15 minutes from home and started cussing.  All this way to be pulled over.  Then all of a sudden he just jets off without even putting on his lights.  He had to be going well over 100.  Got lucky there.  Finally made it home and crashed.

Yeah, so that's why I was in no rush to blog about that day.  Did not really want to relive it. Saw this quote on someone's blog, thought it exemplified my trip to Oregon.  I also like how it can be taken both literally and figuratively (I believe this is the correct use of these literary terms).  Literally, it means location.  Where figuratively, it can mean anything you have yet to accomplish.  I'll let you decide,

"My favorite thing is to go where I've never been." -Diane Arbus

No comments:

Post a Comment