Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday, June 3rd, 2011

Friday at last.  Today felt like the longest day all week because I didn't have any meetings for once, which meant I worked straight through the day.  8 hours of updating SWI's will make for a long day.  As soon as it was 3 PM, I was out of there.  I originally planned on working Saturday, but I need to sleep in.  I got a lot done today and it felt great, I'm just tired.

I made an awesome dinner tonight for my roommate and I after work consisting of jerk chicken, green beans, and my favorite potato dish.  Needless to say, we enjoyed it thoroughly.  After a short nap followed by jeopardy/wheel of fortune, we headed out for the night.  Now going out really doesn't consist of much around here.  So by going out, I meant we went to another intern's apartment and drank.  Watched a movie, hung out.  I was exhausted from being up all day, but that was not going to stop me from causing a little mischief this evening.  This other guy and I (everyone else either bitched out or fell asleep) hopped the fence of the pool and took a little dip in the hot tub.  Felt great after a nice booze session.  Naturally, we were not allowed to be there considering it was after hours, but who is going to catch us.  Then all of a sudden the security guard rolls up.  Thanks to the ingenuity of my friend and I, we were able to escape.  And here I am.  Literally falling asleep as I write this.

I am going to make this part short and sweet because I really want to go to bed right now.  The lesson for the day is simple, sometimes it is best to wait things out.  We had a nice, in depth conversation while at the hot tub this evening, and it made me realize this.  Most of this spurs from his personal relationship with his girlfriend and how it is struggling due to the long distance, but I found multiple instances where it applied to myself.  Sometimes, we get so caught up in what is going on right now that we lose focus on the future and what lies ahead.  While we may be going through a rough patch at the time, it will almost always surely benefit us in the long run.   It takes courage and perseverance to get through those tough times, but it is almost always worth the wait.  This does not just relate to men/women.  Many instances we fall to our surroundings instead of looking on the horizon.  My advice is to never forget what lies ahead and always keep track of where you are going.  Otherwise, you will settle for the present, which is often less than you deserve.

Apologies if that didn't make a whole lot of sense, as I told you I've been drinking.  Goodnight, hope you enjoy the quote of the day:

The preppy asshole from every 80's movie. TFM.

Ok so it's not really a quote, and it's not the best TFM, but like I said I am drunk and tired, give me a break...

No comments:

Post a Comment